May 31, 2011

My First Quilt Class

I am just getting ready for my first Quilting class.  I am really excited, I can't wait to learn new techniques and the tricks of the trade. I am excited but nervous, I know it will be a learning experience but I hope I am able to complete the quilt successfully.  Only time will tell!

I am taking the class at a local quilt shop called Creative Sisters Quilt Shop.  Everyone in the class will learn how to cut the fabric and the steps to put it together.  Everyone who takes part in the class is working with the same pattern but we can make it any size we want.  The pattern we are using is called "Slideshow" by Atkinson Designed.  This is a picture of what the pattern looks like.

Last night I spent some time washing, drying and ironing my fabric.  It took longer then I had planned but I am now ready to go.  I purchased my fabric from a Greenwoods Quiltery.  This is the only quilt shop in the area that carried Heather Bailey fabric and I was looking for for fabric from her "Nicey Jane" line and luckily they carried it.   These are some of the fabrics in the collection.  What do you think?


I am not using all the designs shown here but I have picked a few that I liked.  I am so excited to see how it turns out.  I hope to share my progress along this journey to making my first quilt.  I have to run so I'm not late for my class!  See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. o0o0o0o0o LOVE these colors and patterns! sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...