May 17, 2011

My First Sewing Project

Check it out, this is my first completed sewing project! (that's worth sharing, anyways)  It's not perfect but I have to say I am pretty proud of it and it looks pretty good, if I don't say so myself :-)  I was browsing the wonderful blog world and came across this simple pattern from Sew Like Your Mom to make this zipper bag.  



I didn't realize it was going to turn out so large... even though the finished dimensions were listed... hee hee!  I love it though cause it is so versatile.  It can be used as a cosmetic bag, a small diaper carrier, a pencil case, a craft supply bag or a sewing kit which is what I am using it for cause I didn't have anywhere to keep all my sewing supplies together.  Now I do and I love it!  



Check out the inside of this bag.  I used a iron on adhesive I purchased at the local fabric store, it's water resistant which protect the inner fabric, it's easy to clean and more durable.  The great thing about the iron on adhesive is you can use it on any fabric you choose and you are not limited to the small vinyl selection at the store that may not match your outer fabric.  This bag can also be done without the water resistant lining if you decide, it really all depends on what you plan to use it for. 

Now that I have one bag completed I want to make more :-) but the fabric I want to use is a little different because it has a pattern with direction on it.  I have been trying to think of a way to recreate this bag in a way that will allow the fabric to be right side up on both sides and not have birds on their head on one side and birds that are right side up on the other side.  I'll let you know how it goes, I may even do a tutorial so stay tune.    

1 comment:

  1. Job well done!!! It's not easy putting in a zipper especially when you have never taken a sewing class. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...