Jul 1, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

I signed up to be a part of this Handmade Gift Exchange over on Craftaholics Anonymous a few weeks back.  I got an email telling me who my partner was, my partner is Alyssa, we exchanged a couple emails and I got to work.  I really struggled deciding what I was going to make I had so many ideas, I wanted to make them all, but this is what I came up with.  It is a silk flower broche.

I hope Alyssa likes it!  I used silk to create the flower, some grosgrain ribbon, pearls in the centre and added a alligator clip to the back.  The alligator clip makes it easy to wear on clothing, add as an accent to a neckless or scarf, you can add it to a bag or even put it in your hair.  I thought it was versatile and easy to wear a number of different ways.

The deadline was creeping up on us and I was a little worried, no I wasn't worried about getting the project done that wasn't the problem.  The problem is I live in Canada, oh wait that didn't come out right :-) I love living in Canada that wasn't the problem the problem was unfortunately our postal service is on strike.  I was hoping they would come to some kind of agreement before I had to send this gift but they didn't....no fear thank goodness UPS is here :-).  Off to the UPS store I went and my gift was shipped off in the mail.  

I really had lots of fun taking part in the Handmade Gift Exchange I hope to take part again in the next round.  You should check it out too, the next Handmade Gift Exchange is in November maybe we will be partners!

5 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. What a thoughtful lovely, handmade gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you won my ike&co giveaway beauty! email me :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flower clip Christina! I'm sure she will love it!! Thanks for linking up so I could stop by and check it out! I love seeing what everyone made!
    happy crafting!
    Linda
    PS the next Handmade Gift Exchange will start the first week in November :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this silk flower and the way you packaged it! Soooo pretty! Just stopping by from the gift exchange linky to check out everyone's goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...