Jul 7, 2011

Inspirational Workshop - Pamper Yourself

Today I am linking up with Gussy from Gussy Sew for her Inspirational Workshop.  This weeks prompt is PAMPER YOURSELF!!!


I have learnt over the years that it's important to take care of myself.  As a Social Worker in my community I deal with a lot of stress at work, so much so my hubby can tell how my day was without asking.  I know it's not great but sometimes work gets so stressful it is hard to leave it at the office, thankfully my hubby is understanding.  Life in general is stressful at times so I learnt over the years that if I don't take care of myself no one will.


I enjoy going to the spa and getting massages, but I don't go very often even though it's covered through my work benefits, for some reason I don't seem to take advantage of that... really why wouldn't I take advantage of messages that are FREE... what was I thinking?!?!?!  Ok so after thinking about it I stepped away from the computer and went to book a massage! :-)  Ah I can't wait!!!

I love getting my nails done.  I see my nail tech about once every three weeks.  I don't know why or how but a little bit of colour on my nails does a whole lot of wonderful.  I feel refueled and reenergized every time I get my nails done.  For some reason I feel comfortable taking risks with my nails.  In general I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my clothes, make up, hair... my appearance in general. But, my nails are a different story, I love trying new crazy colours.  Check out my nail today.  WOWZER!


Another way I pamper myself is by taking vacations with my beloved hubby.  We don't get to go away too often but when we do we love every minute of it!  This is a picture of us walking on the beautiful beach in the Dominican Republic.  We went to Punta Cana in April 2010 with our friends Brandon and Krystal, we had such a blast!  I had never been to the Dominican before and I had never been to an all inclusive resort.  Can you believe it???  The "all inclusive" part took some getting use to but I really enjoyed the experience and would do it again in a second.

Thanks for stopping by!

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you can get free massages! And I totally agree about the nails and the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's covered through your work benefits?!! what the?!! what do you do?!! how can I get in on this action & what in the world is wrong with you that you don't take advantage of it?! DO IT!!! at least once a month! for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in law and sister in law are both social workers in a very dangerous city- so I have seen the stress first hand :) You deserve to be pampered!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...