Jul 12, 2011

Painting the House

For the last couple of weeks my parents have been staying at our home, it's hasn't been a relaxing visit, they were here to work... they offered!!!! We have been working hard painting our whole house.  Everyone had their jobs mom did the cleaning and washed the walls, I painted the trim and did some of the cutting, hubby was in charge of the hardware on the doors and window and dad well he did everything else!

Two weeks and two days later we have added crown moulding to our main living room as well as our master bedroom and en suite and we painted the WHOLE house (well except for 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and the laundry room... but close enough).  We all worked really hard putting in 12-14 hour days, that wasn't my choice my dad is a bit of a work horse :-) I appreciate it though, if we had taken lots of breaks and stopped when we were a little tired my parents would have been here for months.  I have to say even though we were in each others space working hard and we were all tired there were only a few tense moments, over all we got along really well :-)

A few days before my parents arrived I started to have doubts... I know it was just paint but that's just the way I am.  I get these big ideas in my mind, get really excited about doing it and then when it comes time to actually doing it I start to second guess myself.  Thanks to my hubby's encouragement and support I normally go through with the plan.  After stressing and worrying about our colour choice I went to the store and bought the colours we had originally planned and I am glad we did cause I am so excited and in love with how it turned out.  I LOVE the colours!

I tried to find colour swatches to post here but for some reason it sounds easier then it is, so I provide the links.  The great room, kitchen, and main hallway we painted Cotswold (taupe).  The main floor powder room we painted Bonne Nuit (purple).  Last but not least the master bedroom and en suite we painted Montpelier (blue).

Now that the walls are painted I am ready to get to work on a number of home decor ideas.  I have so many ideas in my mind and many more brewing as a look at the house painted.  I am having so much fun just dreaming of the possibilities.

Before I dive into home decor I think I am going to need some time to rest and catch up on lost sleep.  I don't want to lose momentum so I'm sure I'll be tinkering at a home decor project soon.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like everything looks fabulous! I cannot wait to see the va-va-voom change all your new paint and touches add. Especially once you had your creative talents and make some homemade decor items. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Christina. We are still living with builders paint after 7 years and it is driving me nuts. Love the crown moulding!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...