Aug 31, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday

Thanks for stopping by for another week of What I Wore Wednesday.  I love linking up with The Pleated Poppy for her linky parties.  This week she has challenged us to wear something that we thrifted.

I am not much of a thrifter, I don't really have much patience when it comes to shopping in stores that have everything colour coordinated and in order of size let alone thrift shopping.  When I do build up the courage to go thrift shopping I never seem to find anything and when I find something I like it's either way too big or more often it's way to small.  


I recently heard about this place called The Patch.  One of my co-works always looks so fashionable and I am always complimenting her outfits and asking where she got things.  Often time she told me it was from a store called The Patch.  I had no idea what she was talking about but I thought it was some store in Toronto that was top designer prices.  One day I asked my co-worker about the store she is always talking about.  She told me all about this awesome place and lucky for me they had just opened a location in the next town.  

 The Patch isn't really a second hand store and it's not really a consignment store... it's kinda hard to describe.  I guess you can call it the an "over flow store".  Let me explain, The Patch hires staff to go to warehouses and shop for brand name items that are no longer wanted by the companies.  The Patch Shoppers purchase items at reduced prices and then sell them in their store at extremely reasonable prices.     

Check out my pants they are from The Patch and I got them for $20 did I mention they are Banana Republic and retail for $69?  Super deal!  The Patch is always getting new stock, so like a thrift store you have to go back regularly.  But hey, if I have success I'm happy!


Pants - Banana Republic {Thrifted from The Patch}
Sleeveless Blouse, Scarf and Belt - RW&Co. 
Purse - Coach 
Shoes - Target (for $10 and they are super comfy)



Thank for stopping by.   

pleated poppy





4 comments:

  1. That's really smart looking outfit! :) I need a "Patch." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pulled toThis is only my third week linking up at WIWW.

    I currently have a fun anything goes linky at my blog that runs Friday through Monday each week. I just announced a new monthly “desperate 4 date night” linky and would love for you to join in on the fun. Here is the link explaing more.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/08/welcome-to-new-desperate-4-date-night.html

    Thanks for you time and hope to see you soon.
    gether, fab bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking Fantabulous my dear! Just like I remember :)

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...