Oct 11, 2011

Thank You Card!

I wanted to share this card I made.  When we were at the cottage a few weeks ago, we ended up meeting up with one of our dearest friend's parents, did you get that?

When hubby was younger he used to go to his friend Brandon's house so often he started calling Brandon's parents 'mom' and 'dad', it kinda stuck cause we still do :-).

We bumped into 'mom' and 'dad' and we started chatting and catching up.  We found ourselves making plans to go to their house for dinner.  It was totally unexpected.

We went to spend an evening with them and they welcomed us and our puppy into their home.  We had a wonderful dinner, it was so delicious.  We also had a great conversation about life.  It was just a really good time.

It's nice to just hang out with friends, well they are more like family but still it is nice to hang out and catch up.  Sometimes it's hard being so far from our family and friends but I guess that's what happens when you live away from those people dear to your heart.  I sent 'mom' and 'dad' this card to show them how much we appreciate their hospitality.

I didn't really plan the card out which is really odd cause I always have a plan!  The process I took when creating this card was a little different, I went through my stash of supplies and grabbed a bunch of items that coordinated and just started to create.  This card is what I came up with and I kinda like it!

I love planning my card and scrapbook layouts but I think I am going to push myself to create with a pile of supplies and no plan more often cause it's kinda fun!

If you are a planner like me you should try this create something with no plan and I'd love to hear about your experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...