Nov 2, 2011

Ambition

I've always been a bit of a dreamer.  

I daydream and come up with intricate ideas and projects in my mind, ideas that I think are going to be great, ideas that will bless others, ideas that will will bring a glimmer of hope to someone's day  
I start thinking about how can I make my idea a reality?  Who in my life would benefit from this idea?  Then I get to work! Normally my ideas and projects have a creative element to them and they often take lots of work and time, but being the ambitious person that I am, I commit to making the idea a reality!  

I love my ambition but sometimes I find it gets me into trouble.  Sometimes, I have too much ambition and I find myself spread too thin, I take on too much.  I have so much I want to accomplish, there are so many things I want to be a part of and I just have a hard time saying no.  I over commit and burn myself out!
Normally when I over commit the projects I have scheduled for myself, my hubby or our house gets put on the back burner.  It's at these times my hubby asks the questions "Did you over commit?  Did you bite off more then you can chew?"  I know he means well but it's normally at that point I get a little upset and say something like "Ya maybe I did, but I have to get it done now".  This was happening more and more lately, I knew I needed to change something but I just couldn't seem to figure it out.

The other day it hit me like a ton of bricks ... my hubby is a very wise man!  He was asking the right questions but, maybe not at the right time.  I realized I should be asking myself those questions BEFORE I take on new projects and not after the fact when a deadline is creeping up on me and I start putting pressure on myself!  I realized that I need to evaluating my commitments and although I have ambition to do many things I can only do so much and I can't do it all, it's just impossible.  Since I have been taking this approach I feel more productive and I'm enjoying the things I'm doing so much more! 

  

1 comment:

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...