Nov 29, 2011

The Burden of Guilt

Guilt... is there anything you feel guilty about? 
That extra piece of pie over the Thanksgiving weekend, that awesome pair of shoes you bought even though they were way out of your budge and weren't included in the Black Friday sales. 

I am sure we all have some type of guilt but today I want to share about deeper guilt, guilt from past sin, guilt from things we have done that have hunted us for year.
Sometimes we make decisions in life that we look back on and regret, or sometimes we even wish we could go back in time and have a "do over".  

If that were only possible.

Oh wait it is possible!  

Ok not literally, we all know we can't go back in time and do things differently but by the Grace of God and the sacrifice of his son our sins have been washed away.  Even though I know Jesus died for my sins, I've been forgiven, and I've been made white as snow I still have guilt.  I struggle with it, sometimes it consumes my mind, body and soul.  I don't know why but it's true, I'm a victim of my own mind.  Even though I know my sins have been washed away, they continue to haunt me and I continue to beat myself up over those bad decisions I've made in my past.

Guilt has been a part of my life since I can remember, which makes it difficult to change but recently I've been working on forgive myself for my past sins, they make me who I am today and I should embrace my mistakes and move on.   

I was inspired to write this blog post when I was working in my studio listening to some music and this song came on.  I couldn't focus on what I was working on the song just captivated me.  

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 32:5 says He forgives the guilt of our sin and Ps 130 says with Him is unfailing love and full redemption. When I first started my journey towards Him I struggled so much with guilt. I can honestly say He has taught me the difference between conviction and guilt. Thank you for your honest post. Praying His mercies are new to you today!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...