Nov 1, 2011

Exciting News!!!

Hi Friends, today I have some really exciting news!  

I am made the cut, I'm part of the Scrapping Bug Design team!  Yippy!  Can you see me.... I'm doing a happy dance!  

I am so excited, back in September I went into the Scrapping Bug to see what was new and pick up some goodies.  I thought I'd ask about becoming a member of the design team, Joanne (the owner) told me that they were actually going to be sending out an email in the next couple of days and information about how to apply for the Design Team would be in the email.  
I waited patiently and I finally got the email two days later while I was blow drying my hair getting ready for work.  I didn't want to waste a minute, I continued to blow dry my hair, whipped out my iPhone and emailed expressing interest.  A few hours later I got another email with details of how to apply and I got to work.  Ok I couldn't get to work right away, I was at the office but let me tell you my brain started working even though I was physically at work I was mentally in my craft room!  
I have always been more of a card maker but I've made a couple of scrapbooks for friends and I've attempt to make a couple of layouts for myself.  It's definitely out of my "comfort zone" but I thought it would be a good healthy stretch!  I figured I'd apply and if I didn't get on the Design Team this time there would be another opportunity in the future.  

These are some of the projects I submitted and although I felt confident with my submissions I didn't think I'd make the cut cause there are some REALLY REALLY REALLY talented scrappers out there!  The due date for submissions came and went and I hadn't heard.  A few days later I got an email and opened it  (I was at the office again) and I literally jumped out of my chair and said "No way, I made it!!".  The other ladies in my office just looked at me... Oops I quietly apologized and sat back down and had a little party while I called my hubby.  He was so excited for me!
Well, there you have it, that's my exciting news!  I feel so blessed, kinda scared and intimidated but really excited!

Hey, did you notice my new friends in the sidebar?  
These are some super awesome girls!  Go check them out and let them know I sent you.  

Have a great day. 

8 comments:

  1. Well I am not surprised at all that you made the design team, Christina ... you are really, really talented and I've always loved your creations! Will have to re-sub to the Bug now, just so I can see what you make next!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! You are very creative :D Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great layouts! It looks like you are absolutely in your comfort zone with them :) Congratulations, hope you will share more soon!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Those designs are so great. Looks like you deserved to get in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cool! Congrats! Found you thru the blog hop! Looking forward to following you! Looking at your layouts makes me want to dive into my stash of scrapbooking supplies!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kristine
    J&M's Eye Candy Blog
    J&M's Eye Candy on Facebook
    J&M's Eye Candy Shoppe on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome Christina!!! Can't wait to see more layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making the design team! How exciting! I have never really been a "scrapper" but when I see layouts like yours, it always makes me want to give it a try. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That sounds so amazing. Scrapbooking and card making are two of my favorite things. Those layouts are really great.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...