Nov 18, 2011

Meet Katie of Party of Four

Today I want to introduce you to Katie she's another one of my awesome sponsors.  She blogs over at Party of Four.  You should go over to her give her some love, don't forget to let her know I sent you!

Hi everyone! I'm Katie, and I blog over at Party Of Four. I'm a momma of two boys Bradley who is seven and Gauge who is one. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for a little over two years now. We live in sunny Florida and enjoy doing anything outside. I love to blog about my family, food, crafts or anything fun that comes my way.
I have got to say that when Christina asked me guest post I was very excited. I want to share something with you guys that I deal with day to day. Since becoming a momma I have struggled with finding balance. Its one of the hardest things for me whether it's finding "me" time, taking care of my house or helping Bradley with his homework. One thing I do is keep a tight schedule. It may seem kinda crazy to do the same thing at the same time everyday but I have found that my kiddos are so much happier with knowing whats going to happen each day. With that said, It's also really important to throw some random fun things into your day to surprise the kids. It could be baking cookies or going to the park. Getting out of the house can become such a taske unless I plan it at the right time. I plan all my outings after Gauges morning nap so I know he will be in good spirits. No one wants to hear a cranky baby in the grocery store!
In the morning when Gauge lays down for a morning nap I get anything I need to do on the computer done before he gets up. I do not want to be one of those parents who stare a computer screen while their toddler has no one to play with! If I can't get everything done in that time I save it till bed time. I don't want to miss a thing that little one does.
The day I found out I was pregnant with Brad, My life became about him. Like any mom you want your babies to come first. But at some point you need to take care of your self if you want you babies to have a happy mommy. Every couple of weeks I tell my husband that he needs to keep the kids so I can go out. I may go see a movie, Go out to dinner with some girlfriends or take a whole day and sit by the beach. You want your kids to have the best mom they can, so make sure you take care of your self too. It's a struggle and every day I learn a new way to deal with it. How do you find balance in your life??
Thanks for having me!
Come by and follow me at The Party Of Four.

2 comments:

  1. Getting time away is so important to keep from going crazy. Although I find getting out with the little one helps a lot too.
    Nice to meet you Katie. I am now a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...