Nov 14, 2011

Meet Venassa of The Best Days


Hi friends, this week my mom is in town and we have a week packed full of shopping, cooking, crafting and lots more.  That being said the time I normally put aside to work on my blog has been filled with other activities with my momma... sorry but I don't get to see her all that often so I need to squeeze in as much as I can when we're together.  I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to introduce you to a few of my awesome sponsors.

Today I want to introduce you to Venassa she is an awesome lady, a mom to a beautiful baby girl.  She blogs over at The Best Days.  You should go over and give her some love, don't forget to let her know I sent you! 

__________________________________________________

I'm Venassa. 

For as long as I can remember I've been a daughter, a sister, a friend, an employee, a crazy shopaholic, etc. I recently threw a new role into the mix. It is by far the hardest, most complicated role, the most difficult to ease into. "Ease" isn't a word to describe it at all.

Motherhood. Single motherhood at that.

On September 25th I had a child surgically removed from my stomach. A little girl to be exact.

All of sudden for the first time in years, I'm no longer an employee. I can't afford to be a shopaholic (yeah, like I could ever afford it). I don't have time to be a crafter. I'm barely a friend.

My life now revolves around feeding times, nap times, and diaper changes. Some days I would consider cutting off my own limbs if it would give me a couple more hours of sleep. I feel like I've dropped so many aspects of my personality so I could take on this new role, and sometimes that's very hard to accept.

But then I look next to me and see those big blue eyes staring up at me. I see my mouth and my nose on another person's face. She'll flash me a big gummy smile and I melt. 

So yeah I'm still a daughter, a sister, a wannabe shopaholic, and a part-time friend.

As much as a brand new dress can fill my heart with joy, it's nothing compared to the feeling I get when my little girl smiles and kicks her legs at me. I never knew I could get so excited over someone bald and toothless.

So I'm Venassa. I'm a single mother, and it's my favorite part of me.





I'm also a blogger over at The Best Days. If you're not scared to read the occasional stories about diapers and what's in them, motherhood and the despair it sometimes brings on, then stop by and say hi.

3 comments:

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...