Nov 15, 2011

Momma in Town

As I mentioned yesterday my mom is in town!  I only see my mom a few times a year, she comes to my visit about 4 times a year a couple times with my dad and a couple times on her own.  When she comes on her own we always pack our days full.  We are both busy bodies and can't sit still.  
Mom is staying for about 10 days this time but we have so much planned.  Normally when mom comes in November we get a lot of our Christmas shopping done and this year is no different.  We plan to hit up some of the local malls and store and we are also planning on take a drive to Toronto so we can check out some of the store we don't have here in town.  While we are in Toronto it's a tradition to stop at Ikea, gotta love me some Ikea!  

In between our shopping adventures we will be doing a bunch of crafting.  I have a number of projects on my to-do list that I have been putting off because I wanted my mom's help.  Mom has lots of experience and some great ideas when it comes to some of crafting projects.  Ok lets be real, mom isn't great at coming up with the ideas, she says I got that from my dad, but she is awesome at execution which make us a perfect pair.    
 Between shopping and crafting we are going to find some time to do some cooking.  My mom makes the best pasta sauce in the world, well at least I think so.  Every time mom's in town hubby and I ask her to make us a big batch of pasta sauce with sausage and meatballs so we can freeze it and enjoy it for weeks after she leaves.  She always agrees, she's awesome!

Mom also wants to try and fit in some baking this time.  I was kinda shocked, mom doesn't normally bake but while we were out and about shopping this weekend she saw the Bulk Barn and wanted to stop in and get some ingredient to bake some cookies.  I can't wait, I'm sure they will be yummy!   
I think it's fair to say we are going to be busy, busy, busy.  I have to say, even though we pack our time together full of different activities we always find time to have loads of fun and enjoy each other's company.  I love my mom and I love when she comes to visit!  

2 comments:

  1. yay for moms! I don't know what I would do if mine didn't live close- actually, I would probably hang out with my friends more often haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast. I love hanging out with my mom too. I'm lucky - she only lives an hour away.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...