I have been working on this wreath for a few days now. It took a little longer then I expected, I ran out of burlap half way through and I ran out of pins which is holding the burlap to the wreath, that slowed things down a bit. I had a chance to run out to the store yesterday and pick up some supplies and I was able to finish the wreath!
I was inspired by this wreath. I went to follow the tutorial but I couldn't seem to get the 'bubbly' look. I realized after I was finished doing it my way that I was folding the burlap the wrong way but that's ok cause I like how it turned out.
To create my wreath I used 1 1/2 yards of burlap, a 12 inch foam wreath and straight pins. I got to work cutting the burlap into 4x4 pieces, folding them and pinning them to the foam wreath.
Once I was done putting all the burlap pieces on the wreath I wanted to add a focal point. I used some remnants of fabric I had laying around and made some different flowers. This flower arrangement has been clipped to the burlap with alligator clips. Using alligator clips allows me to use the flower arrangement later as an accessory but it also allows me to change the look of the wreath by simply removing the clip.
I'm really pleased with how the wreath turned out and I can't wait to change the embellishments as the seasons change.