Nov 28, 2011

November Scrapbook Reveals

Hi friends, I'm so sorry I have been away for a few days.  As I mentioned in this post my mom was in town and we were running around like crazy people, we were trying to fit so much into such a little amount of time.  The worst thing was I still had to work even though my mom was visiting.  Normally when my mom is in town in November I try and take some time off work but I wasn't able to this year which made things very difficult and crazy.  

When mom left I had a big mess to clean up, putting things away in their proper spots after we were done one project and moving on to the next was not a priority, we needed to make every moment count and cleaning didn't make the cut!  Needless to say after all the running around during the 10 day visit and the cleaning after I was totally pooped!  I found myself coming home from work to eat a quick meal laying on the couch semi-unconscious watching TV.  Once 9pm hit I gave myself permission to go to bed and call it a night.  I finally feel rested and re-energized and I am back with some really fun posts this week.

Today I wanted to share my November reveals for the Scrapping Bug Design Team.  The reveals were due on November 15 and I had them done and in the store ready for display but I had a lot of difficulties loading them on the Bug Board and in the Bug Gallery, with a little help from the other design team members I figured it out. 

So this is what I created with the items in the November kit.  
These are some pictures we took while we were at Yee Haw Adventure Farm, you can read more about our adventure here.
These pictures were taken at my friends Halloween Party.  That scary guy with the cloak and sword is my Hubby and the other kitty is my dear friend Robin (we work together).  

I had a lot of fun making this lay out.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the letters in spooky font.  I made the flowers in the bottom left corner by crumbling 3 layers of scalloped punched cardstock and held them together with a brad.  I love how the rhinestone swirl turned out too.  I just had lots of fun with this layout.  
Then I had to make a card it just needed to be done!  When I started paper crafting about 5 years ago I started by taking some cardmaking classes it's just recently I have ventured out into scrapbook layouts.  I always found them so intimidating and thought "how am I going to be able to fill all that space".  Being a part of this Design Team was my way of challenging myself to produce more scrapbook layouts and I have to say I am having fun so far.  

I wanted to keep things simple with this card, I love this stamp by "Pure Innocence for My Favorite Things" and couldn't resist using it.  This little girl is super cute.  I used a paper piecing technique for her dress and then used some markers and a blender pen to color the other areas of her outfit.

Well those are the creations I came up with for the November reveal.  I have my kit for December and I'm super excited about a number of the items in the kit but I haven't started to work on the projects yet.  I better get cracking the due date will be here sooner then I realize!     

If you want to see some of the other layouts and cards I've created you can check them out here

2 comments:

  1. I love your layouts! You're really creative with them. I need a lot more practice but these days I just don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...