Nov 10, 2011

On Being a Wife!

I've been married to my husband for 5 wonderful years, I love him loads.  I didn't think it was possible to love him any more than the day we said 'I Do' but I now know it's possible!
I know we haven't been married all that long in the grand scheme of life I'm sure I still have a lot to learn but I want to share what my experience as a wife has been up to this point in our marriage.

On the day I became a wife I didn't really know what to expect.  I knew I was committing my life to a wonderful man, but I didn't think there was much more to it.  I thought it would be pretty simple, we'd move in together, make a home together, grow old together .... you know what I mean? 
I look back now and realize how naive I was. 

 Ryan and I married when we were 22 years old there were many people telling us to wait until we were older, until we were settled in our careers, and to wait so we could ensure we were really meant for each other.  Although we heard the concerns and recommendation of those around us we knew in our hearts it was the right thing for us and we went ahead and got married.  
What people failed to mention when giving us words of wisdom was the responsibility that came with being a wife.  I had no idea.... none what so ever!!!!

AS A WIFE
 I set my plans aside to bring my husband to the doctor or hospital
I encouraged my husband, whether it's because he's doing yard work or striving to reach his dreams
I cry for my husband when he's in pain and there's nothing I can do to take the pain away
I worry about my husband
I pray for my husband daily      
I love my husband unconditionally (that means even when I don't like him) 
I trust my husband with my life, and my heart
I make sacrifices for my husband
I try and show my husband that I love him in every way I know how
I aspire to be the best wife for my husband

I'm sure there are many things that I've missed and many things I still need to learn but I can tell you one thing
I LOVE BEING A WIFE!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. You'd never think there's that much responsibility in being married. I hope to experience it all for myself someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i love your heart to honor your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post in proclaiming your love for your hubby! Praying you will enjoy a long, blessed life together!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...