Nov 3, 2011

A Sucker for Flowers

Thanks for swinging by, today I'm linking up with Gussy Sews for her Inspirational Workshop.  Today the prompt is Flowers.  

I've always had a soft spot for flowers, I love the smell and how they look when placed in arrangements around the house.  Although I think they look beautiful and would love to have fresh flower in the house I am a bit too frugal to have fresh flowers all the time.  I normally only get fresh flowers from the market or for very special occasions.  
Photo Credit
I would love to have this arrangement in my front foyer, isn't it beautiful? 

Since having real flowers in the house isn't really in my budget I have had to come up with a way to have flowers in my life.  I've found a number of different tutorials over the years to make different flowers some with fabric some with paper.  These flowers can be used in many different ways and that's what I love about them.  I have made flowers and used them as accents for an outfit, a little bling for my hair. I've even put a few together and use them as a decor item around the house.  Here are some of my favorites flowers to make.  
Photo Credit
 These cloth beauties are super easy to make and you can make them with felt, cotton or any other fabric you can find..... which means the colour combinations are limitless.  
Photo Credit
 This is another beauty.  It takes some time to put together but heck it's worth it, it's so beautiful
Photo Credit
 These are so fluffy I love that you can make them as big or as small as you want.  They are so fun!
Photo Credit
These paper flowers are a perfect alternative to real flowers around the house.  And they are super easy to change every once in a while.  You know what I love best about these flowers?  I can't kill them :-) 

Thanks for stopping by.

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!


3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of fabric flowers and the fact that they don't die. lol. Good idea.
    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I'm obsessed with making fabric flowers. They're pretty and fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll agree with the expense of real flowers. i love them so much, but it's so hard to spend money on them when i know they'll die in no time at all haha. i LOVE that last picture. what a cute idea!! i'll have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...