Dec 20, 2011

Simple Truffles

Today I wanted to share my favorite Christmas recipe, this recipe is good all year around but I eat too many so I only make them once a year.  I wasn't planning on making them this year but I couldn't let Christmas pass without backing some and even though it's my favorite recipe it's so easy to make.  

Here's what you need 1 brick of cream cheese and 21/2 packages of semi-sweetened chocolate. 
The first thing you will want to do is melt 8 of the chocolate squares. 
Then blend the cream cheese I used a blender for the first batch but then used a spatula for the second batch it was much easier with the spatula and less messy :-) 
Then add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese and stir them together until you can't see any more cream cheese it's a nice consistent chocolate color.
Then you need to let that mixture sit for about an hour, I like to leave it longer I find it much easier to work with then it's a little harder. 

Once the mixture has set you want to roll the truffles into balls, I used 1 tablespoon of mixture per ball.  This is the messy part make sure you take off all your rings.   
After rolling each of the truffles you will want to place them on a tray that is covered with wax paper.
Once they are all rolled I melt the remaining chocolate and then start coating the truffles with the outer layer of chocolate.  
Make sure the truffles are covered with melted chocolate... the recipe said to use tooth picks to dip the truffles in the melted chocolate but it never works for me so I use a serving fork.  Whatever works :-)

Once the truffles are coated place the truffles into little truffle cups (like I did) or just place them on wax paper to set.
  Almost done...when all the truffles are covered you will want to let them set in the fridge for another hour, you want to make sure your truffles are just perfect for eating and this last step is VERY important, so even though they look ready to eat at this stage resist the temptation and put them in the fridge. 

I hope you enjoy sweet treats. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I love truffles at Christmas time, too. In fact, I'm decorating jars and giving truffle assortments to all my family as gifts this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so yummy. I've never tried making truffles before.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...