Dec 13, 2011

Totally Overwhelmed

Can you believe there's only 12 sleeps left until Christmas day?

I'm not ready, I am totally overwhelmed
Hubby says I have a habit of over committing, I know Hubby tells me these things because he loves me but it's still difficult to hear the true

I made a conscious effort to minimize my commitments around the holidays, I even said NO!  But I am still overwhelmed there is just not enough time in the day.  Can you believe I haven't even sent out my handmade cards, I always send handmade cards!

I am praying that everything gets done and I find the time to fit everything in.  I pray I can get through it all without too much stress, I want to be able to enjoy the holiday season dispite all the things I committed to.

Do you ever over commit?

4 comments:

  1. I dont have this problem, but I'm not getting much done this year due to the baby. I'm sad that I haven't been able to make or send out any cards this year but I try not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't over-commit anymore... I have three kids and with them I am over-committed at home, as it is! LOL! I used to say YES to everything though, even as my heart and mind were screaming NO!!! I am thankful that I am finally at a place in my life where I can unapologetic-ally say "no" to the things I know will stress me out. I bet you will get there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you kinda startled me that Christmas is so close! we pretty much always feel behind, but I am surprisingly feeling like things are a bit more in order this year. we changed up our method of management and it seems to actually be helping! I am gonna have to do a post about that soon. good luck with all your to do lists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I constantly overcommit. It's detrimental, but it's so hard to say no! My husband gave me good advice: when asked to do something, answer "I'll have to think about that" instead of just a quick yes or no. That way you have time to think about it, and the person asking realizes you may have other things going on as well. I hope you enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...