Jan 31, 2012

2012 Blogging Party

A few weeks ago I saw a post on Casey Leigh's blog about a party, the 2012 New Year Blogging Party.  I knew I needed to join in.  What is this party about?  Well, let me tell you. The goal behind this party was to start the year off right and do something to help us all connect and get to know each other a little bit better.

Each bloggers who wanted to participate signed up and were randomly paired with another blogger to do a gift exchange with.  I heard about this and didn't have to think twice, I was emailing to sign up.  I love getting to know people and sending them gifts.  There are few things that make me happier lol!

I got paired with Kiri, she's awesome and has a cool blog over at My Lovely Life.  I read a bunch of her blog posts and we exchanged a bunch of emails... she's awesome! 

I got to thinking.... What am I going to send Kiri?  I had no ideas, I knew I needed some inspiration so I went to Pinterest, isn't that where you go for inspiration?  

For some reason I was pining a lot of pictures with grey, black, white and yellow as the color scheme.  I shared a few of the inspirational photos in my post about Finding Creative Inspiration.  
This is what I came up with. 
 I made this set of cards for Kiri, I had so much fun.  I know there are always people in my life that I need to thank so I figured it would be a perfect gift for a young, newly married, beautiful girl... a girl can never have enough thank you cards!!! 
 I saw Kiri's wedding story on her blog and I couldn't resist, I had to send a special card, a card she could give her husband on their first Valentine's Day together as husband and wife.   
I'd love to share the gift that Kiri send me but I haven't received it yet.  Kiri has been a great partner, she was willing to continue to partner with me even though I live in Canada.  For some strange reason living in Canada makes things take a little bit longer to arrive through the mail so I haven't received the gift Kiri sent me yet.  I'll be sure to share the gift she sent when it arrives.  

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. wow that makes my gift to my partner look lame! haha, I havent received mine yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards!! Hope you get your package soon!
    We love getting packages but to get a box delivered and you have no idea what is inside is the best! This link up/gift exchange has been so much fun! A great way to connect with and support our fellow bloggers.
    We are following you and would love for you to stop by our blog.

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
    http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Pinterest for all its inspiration! These turned out cute and I just may have to borrow your idea. New to your blog by way of the linkup and glad I found your creative space on the web. Hope your gift arrives soon:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card set you made! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...