Jan 17, 2012

I've Been Busy Creating

I have been busy creating... you may have seen some of my recent tweets or this post I shared a few days ago.  It had been a while since I have been able to spend time playing in my "studio"creating.  I have had some time over the last couple of days to be creative and I've been having so much fun doing what I love!  

I wanted to share a couple of the layouts that I recently made.  I had a lot of fun putting these layouts together.  These layouts definitely stretched me a little, I was using supplies given to me as part of the Design Team for The Scrapping Bug (a local scrapping store).  I am not sure these would have been items I would have picked out myself but what I learnt is that I really need to step out of my "comfort zone" more often cause it was so much fun and invigorating.  


This layout was really fun to put together, I inked the edges of the paper with craft ink.  Even though there is a lot of grey on this page there is a lot of color too, bold color.  To neutralize the color I decided to use black and white pictures in both layouts because I didn't want the colors from the pictures to compete with the colors in the layout


This layout isn't as bright but there are still hints of bright colors in the title.  

I was really inspired by this lined pattern paper and I knew I needed to use it as the background for this layout.  It seemed obvious to use the lines to my advantage, so I made a list (I love lists).  Also, being the beginning of the year I thought it was appropriate to make a list of my dreams for 2012.  


I had so much fun putting this title together.  The title is where all the action happens on this layout.  there are lots of layers and color and a little bit of bling! 


I've been having so much fun creating lately.  I love when I'm full of inspiration and ideas, it kinda sucks when life gets in the way of finding time to create but I am going to make an effort to make time. 


3 comments:

  1. Those pages are so so cute! I wish I had the patience to scrapbook....I tried it once a really long time ago and wasn't really into it. But I love these and they kinda make me want to try it again!

    xo,
    jessie

    http://sweetlilsomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so great! I wish I had your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layouts, great job and so fun! I totally do not have the patience for real scrapbooking, but I am trying to start doing at least a digital layout of my kids a few times a year. one is due right now... argh.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...