Jan 26, 2012

The Truth

Ok it's true...I'm really bad at starting projects and not finishing them.  
I have a ton of creative projects on my UFO list 
(no that doesn't stand for Unidentified Flying Object...it's my Un-Finished Objects list)   
 Here's just one example of a project on my UFO list
 I started this quilt in the summer, maybe even in May and I have still not completed it.  I love it and can't wait to snuggle up with the quilt on the couch with my puppy, a good book and a nice cup of tea, but it's not finished
  I'm so close, but yet so far!  
I have all the pieces sewn together for the quilt top, I pinned the layers together so it was ready to be quilted.  With hubby's help trying to maneuver the quilt to fit the sewing machine I even finished quilting the lawyer together.  I cut it down to size getting rid of the extra batting and backing material.  But now it's sitting safely tucked way waiting for the finishing touch... the binding.

I know, I know I'm crazy! I got this far and I've put it on the back burner.  I just need to get it done and then I can enjoy it.  I will also be able to say I finished my very first quilt.  
And move on to the second and third one I've already started...
oh I didn't mention that before, tee hee hee!

These quilts are just one of many projects I've started and not finished, let me list a few others:
A very special scrapbook 
2 baby slings for a friend who's having twins (better get those done before the babies get here) 
Heather Bailey's Ring Toy 
and a Heather Bailey elephant pin cushion 

I have a goal...I hope to finish these projects soon, lol!  Ok really I have to get these projects done before I start other project or else these will stay in the UFO pile and it will just continue to get bigger. 

Those are just a few of the things I currently have on my UFO list.  
Do you have projects on your UFO list or do you start a project and 
get it done before starting something else? 
I know I can't be the only one that does this....
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...