Jan 4, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday - New Years Eve

Ever since we've been married hubby and I have made reservations at a local restaurant to ring the in the New Year, and this year was no different.  We always have such a good time enjoy new restaurants we wouldn't normally go to, try new things and of course the company is top notch!  It's funny looking back over the years, we have yet to go to the same place twice (we are running out of options though) but we always seem to go to the same chain of restaurants.  They aren't a franchised chain it's actually a family business but they have 5 high end restaurants.  I guess we just keep going to their restaurants because they know how to cook a good meal and they definitely know how to bring in the new year.  
We haven't always been fortunate enough to get a reservation for the late seating, that's when we were new in town and had no idea how popular these restaurants were on new year's.  We learnt our lesson quickly and book really early so we can enjoy our meal and bring in the New Year with others at the restaurants.  This year we went to The Bauer Kitchen in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.  If you are ever up this way you have to check it out it is SO GOOD!

We always have fun dancing, meeting new people, and getting all dressed up for a fun night out on the town (not something we do all that often). My plan was to go shopping for a New Year's outfit, I had my eye on a cute dress from H&M but when I went to try it on it didn't look so great.  I didn't have much time to look for anything else so I went shopping in my own closet (it was kinda fun).  

This is the outfit I picked out.   
High Waisted Skirt: Ricki's, Blouse: The Loft, Cardigan: RW&Co. 
I did have shoes but by this time I had ditched them long before we walked in the front door.  But hey did you notice the nylons?  Ya they are toeless perfect for open toe shoes I love them!    

 So there you have it, our New Year's celebration.         

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for new year's, I did not know restaurants did that. Cute outfit, btw. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun night out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your top! we would love for you to link up with us on sunday "sunday best". we need some help with ideas on things to wear to church, so any skirts or dresses you would like to share with us would be great! hope to see you sunday!

    -chelz
    griffithsrated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...