Jan 16, 2012

Why I Blog

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, I am not sure why but for some reason the same question continues popping into my head.  The first couple of times I just dismissed it and kept on doing what I was doing.  It wasn't long before the question, "what is my purpose?", was popping into my mind daily, then it was happening multiple times a day, just out of no where I'd hear a little birdie in my head say "Christina, what is your purpose?".  I finally gave in, I figured it must be important if it kept coming to the forefront of my thoughts so I have been taking time to really think about what my PURPOSE is.

In taking time to stop and reflect I have realized how BIG exploring my purpose really is, so  in order to make it manageable and not overwhelming I broke my life up into little compartments.  I know that's not really how life is (little compartments) but I thought that if I could find purpose in all the things I do then I can then bring them all together and figure out the big picture.

One compartment I have been reflecting on over the past week is "Why I Blog?".  Blogging takes up a lot of time, don't get me wrong I LOVE to blog but I wanted to figure out why I do it.  It was about a year ago I started this blog and I have never really figured out it's purpose, what it's here for, why I keep writing.  In order to figure out the purpose I wanted to dig a little into the reason why I blog in the first place.  I have been working on this brain storm for a little while now and it's funny because every time I look at it I have something new to add.

I still don't know what the purpose of this blog is.  I am not sure I will ever be ready to carve it in stone, even if I come up with a purpose today it may change ever so slightly tomorrow as I grow as a person, an artist and a writer.

I'd love if you'd share what you think your purpose in life is, or why you write your blog.  Feel free to leave a comment below or if you've posted a post like this on your blog I'd love to read it so leave a link to your post in a the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Iv wondered the same thing. I never have one answer though. I love the aspect of meeting people like me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the reasons I blog is to keep track of our journey in a fun way and also to help me sort through life. writing really does help me a LOT, almost like I'm my own shrink, lol! your blog board looks pretty =)

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...