Feb 7, 2012

Cherish the Moments

I wanted to share this gift I made for my 'sister' Kandace.

I don't have any siblings as you may know and to be honest I never really wanted siblings, well except for a short stint when I was telling the world I had an older brother....I think I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time, can you blame me?  I really enjoyed being an only child but as I've grown older and seen the amazing relationships some siblings have, I miss that and have sometimes longed for that type of bond. 

I am one lucky girl, I have the best of both worlds, I have my awesome family, you know my real biological family and I have my pseudo family, they are like my adopted family.  It's kinda funny though cause when we are in public, people ask if we are siblings cause we look so much alike.  I have three younger sisters in my pseudo family and I love each one of them, they are awesome and such a blessing to have in my life! 

This weekend hubby and I went up north to spend some time with my sisters.  Kandace is the first to have a baby, little Adelaide.  Adelaide arrived early so the shower was this past weekend.  I knew I couldn't just get any ordinary gift so I got busy working on something creative.  This is what I came up with.
I didn't make the teddy bear obviously!  I created this frame, I wanted to make something so Kandace can continue to cherish the moments as her little beauty grows.

First, I found this shadow box frame at a local bookstore and then got started.  I added some designer paper, ribbon and a flower accent.... the cute picture takes the cake!  Kandace's sister, Krystal took this picture a few days after Adelaide was born, isn't it awesome?  Krystal is a talented photographer!
I couldn't resist using vinyl so I whipped up this saying on my computer and sent it through to the Silhouette SD.  I wasn't too sure how it would look with the vinyl on the glass but I have to say I really love how it casts a shadows on the canvas behind.  
Well there you have it friends, this is the gift I made for my pseudo sister's baby shower.  

Did I mention how precious little Adelaide is? I love her facial expression in this picture, only a few days old and loving life!     

3 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous gift! I think anyone would be so happy to get something like that. What a beautiful baby as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome gift frame....I love the layered flowers and the folded ribbon. I totally agree with ya, about the shadow cast by the lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this post now.. I must say this was my absolute favourite gift!!! It's gorgeous and I get so many compliments on it. You are so talented Christina! Glad you are a part of our family. :)

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...