Feb 24, 2012

Hello Weekend!

I can't tell you how excited I am about this weekend.  There is nothing special about this weekend, we have no big plans, or commitments but honestly that's why I am excited.  This weekend is the first weekend since I can remember that hubby and I will be home together WITHOUT a list longer then the eye can see of things that need to get done and other commitments.

I'm so excited to wake up tomorrow morning without an alarm with my hubby there beside me.  I am looking forward to being able to stay in my PJ's all day if I so choose which I probably will hee hee!  I am excited to create just for fun, read a book, and maybe take a nice bath to just relax.  I am looking forward to a weekend where I can be re-fueled and re-energized.
As much as I look forward to the weekend I am also very grateful for this past week.  I really enjoyed the long weekend Monday, I have to say the best part of the day was watching Hiccups soak up the sun that was beaming into our living room.  Hiccups loves laying in the sun.
I was so super excited when the doorbell rang on Tuesday evening only a few moments after I arrived home from work. Ok I am not the type of girl that gets excited when the doorbell rings because it's normally someone trying to sell us something.  If I am not expecting any company and I am home alone I don't answer the door, to be honest if I'm alone and the door bell rings I normally hide until it's safe to come out tee hee hee.  When hubby is home he is the one that answers the door especially when we aren't expecting company.  But Tuesday Ryan was busy cutting chicken for dinner when the door bell rang I wasn't going to answer the door but I peaked my head around the corner to look out the front window and saw a man with a box in his hand and he appeared to be wearing a light brown uniform .... It's UPS!!!  I'll get the door!!!!   It was my new laptop, I was so excited!!!

The other thing I was really grateful for this week was my awesome co-workers.  As difficult as my job may be at times the ladies I work with on my team know exactly how to put a smile on my face.  At the office we are going through a big move... I am not sure why really but the administration felt it was time to move different departments to different parts of the building.  This move impacted me and my co-workers and yesterday was one of the most chaotic days ever.  We were packing our personal and work belongings in totes that we had to pile high creating some fun obstacles.  We then had our maintenance team ripping desks out and moving them to our new areas well that left me moving desks 4 times during the course of a couple hours all while I was trying to work and take calls and sound professional, I'm not sure but I don't think that worked out so well hee hee.  I then got this make shift desk!
Sorry about the picture quality this picture was taken on my friends phone :-) 
My co-workers could tell that I was getting frustrated and they knew exactly what I needed come good old comic relief!  One of my co-workers managed to snap a picture to document this stellar workspace today.  I know it doesn't look too bad but if you could only see the chaos behind me!  I am so glad to be in my new workspace today and I can't wait to get myself unpacked and settled in.

I hope you have all had a wonderful week and can take some time looking back on some of the events and be thankful for those moments.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones.  Don't forget to take some time to slow down and enjoy the moments and the people you love!  

    

2 comments:

  1. Great post and lots to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kinds of weekends are really the best. With my daughter, I tend to cram as much as I can into the days that she's not home, and so I never really relax. Today I'm going to change that.
    Sounds like a pretty stressful time at work. It's nice to have great co-workers. They make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...