Feb 22, 2012

Lasting Impression of Letterpress Printing

Have you ever heard about letterpress printing?  If you haven't you are missing out!  I have seen letterpress printing before but I never realized it's true beauty until recently.

Check out this quick video showing the art of Letterpress printing.  This video shows how this Letterpress printer makes some really cook coasters.
This is just one of the many awesome things Letterpress printers can do.  I have seen some awesome wedding invitations, business cards and some cool prints people use as art in their homes.  Letterpress printing is so interesting to me.  
Via
Did you know that a lot of the presses used to create these unique impressions are normally well over 100 years old, imagine that... before computers this is how people were printing.  Cool, isn't it ? 

I have been doing some research lately trying to learn a little more about this art.  I am even going to be going to a local press shop soon I can't wait to share my experience with you.  Do you know much about letterpress printing?  Leave me a comment I'd love to chat and maybe learn a thing or two. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...