Feb 9, 2012

Organization Freak

It's true I admit it I am an organization freak!

My mom has told me stories about how I used to organize even as far back as my toddler days.  I think it's in my genes, to be honest when I look at my mom and dad they are the same way.  All my belongings have their 'spot' and I feel out of sorts when things aren't just so.  I don't think it's a problem really, I just like to be organized and knowing exactly where to look for things.  For me, being organized is the best time management tool I have!

When I heard Gussy Sews was having an Inspirational Workshop on organization I couldn't pass up the opportunity to link up some of the great ideas I have found.
Via
First things first, I would go CRAZY without my planner.  I have tried to use my iPhone but for some reason I'm always worried important events are going to spontaneously disappear.  I know it a little archaic but I LOVE my planner and carry it everywhere I go!
There are so many different ways to organize creative spaces but this is a super cool ideas for organizing fabric!  Having your fabric stash organized this way is not only a great way to save money, think about it.... you can see everything and won't buy something that's similar to something you already have, hence saving money.  It's not only great organization it's also a creative way to decorate.
Via
As a paper crafter I have a lot of paper and let me tell you it isn't always the easiest thing to organize.  I have so many awesome patterned papers, big paper, small paper, scrap paper, it's a little crazy!  I haven't found a way to organize my stash in a way that works for me yet but I continue to work on it.  I'm not sure my stash is this large (I can only wish) but if it was this would be great way to organize my papers, you can see everything and it's all easy to get to, which is important.
Via
My linen closet has always been a bit of a challenge I never really liked seeing all this different miss-matched linens hanging around in the closet, so when I saw this idea I asked myself.... "why didn't I think of that?" Duh!  Really it's so simple, put all the items for a set of sheets in one of the pillow cases.  It's a perfect way to make sure you have the whole set without having to spend time taking everything out of the closet to find all the matching pieces.  Tell me I wasn't the only one that did that?

So the truth it out, I'm an organization freak!  There's always room for improvements so I'd love to hear about your organization tips and tricks... maybe I'll just have to add them to my arsenal!!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Gussy...I love that the fabric is organized by color. That's my fave way to organize things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be more organized but ugh.. I just don't have the space to do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that DIY planner. I am going to try to make one for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the fabric storage on the curtain rod and old bookcase! That's a must DIY project

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are some great ideas! I love to organize.
    LOVE the sheet storage idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE organization too, so these pictures make me giddy! lol

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...