Mar 8, 2012

Organize Your Office

via 
Do you ever head into your home office/studio and see this.... a mess?  Sometimes a creative mess gets my creative juices following but more often then not, it's a huge distraction and causes creative block, for me at least.  I believe that the best way to be productive in your home office/studio is to be organized.

It's a great feeling when I go looking for something like a tool or a supply and I know exactly where to find it.  When my studio is out of order I find myself spending time looking for things hidden under piles of other things and that's just causes frustration and is a big time sucker!

Via
Today I wanted to share some tips I use personally when I organize my office/studio, I thought I'd share my tips with you in hopes they will help you.
  1. First things first you need a good clean surface to work on.  If you space is cluttered and you have limited space it could be frustrating when you don't have enough space to do what you are wanting to do.  One of the things I try and do is to clean and I go once I am done working with something I put it back in it's spot to it doesn't clutter my space.
  2. Keep the tools and supplies you use most often within arms reach.  You don't want to waste time getting up and walking across the room for all the things you use most, that's just a waste of time. 
  3. Have a space above your desk (or near by) for an inspiration board.  This is a great way to organize your idea's inspirational items and sketches.  But make sure you don't clutter that space with plain old stuff that are not all that inspiring.  It is an inspiration board after all so if something you put there a couple weeks ago or even a couple days ago and it's not inspiration any more take it down and free up the space for something new.  
  4. The other important thing to keep organized in your office/studio is your computer.  Silly right... our computers are often an important part of businesses so it's just as important to organize your thoughts stored on your computer as it is to organize your physical space.  I have three folders on my computers desktop each are labeled for different information and within those folder I have more folders and files.
I hope these helps you organize your office/studio so you can create like crazy and be uber productive.  Do you have any tips you'd like to share about how you organize your office/studio I'd love to hear your ideas, so leave me a comment who knows I am adopt one of your tips for my studio!


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...