Mar 12, 2012

Soaking Up The Sun

I am really starting to love the moments and memories we are creating on weekends.  As I've mentioned in previous posts weekends never use to be something I really look forward to.  Although I didn't work on weekends I didn't get to enjoy spending the weekends with my hubby because sadly he worked weekends for the first 5 years of our marriage.  Since hubby now has weekends off I have really understood why so many people really value weekends with their family.

This weekend we didn't have many errands to run or chores to do around the house so we were able to enjoy the weekend together just relaxing.  We have had some really wacky weather lately, March in Ontario is normally really cold and there's snow high as the eye can see, but this year it's been anything but.  We have NO snow and this coming week they are calling for temperatures in the 20's.... WHAT?!?!?! 20's that's about how warm it gets in June!  I'm not complaining.
Check out this picture I took at the side of the road, I'm not even sure that the Canadian Geese flew south this winter because of the unseasonably warm weather we've had.  It was so refreshing to see the sun and feel it's warmth, it was just so beautiful!

Hubby and I had a very relaxing weekend, enjoying each others company and the weather, our fur baby, Hiccups also enjoyed the sunshine.  
We have her trained to ring a bell to go out to do her 'business' and normally she'd ring it once or twice a day but this weekend she was ringing it like crazy we couldn't figure it out and then it clicked, she wasn't ringing the bell because she had to do her 'business' but because she wanted to enjoy the weather and explore the new smells around the yard.
We got a little frustrated because she kept ringing the bell and just going out there to do NOTHING.  So we opened the blinds in our living room to let the sun beam into the room (we have sheer blinds to help defuse the sun and keep out some of the heat because we do have a full wall of windows that get direct sun light all day and can heat the room to be quite toasty).  She was just so cute playing with her bone in the sun I couldn't stop taking pictures. 
There you have it...our weekend in a nut shell!  What did you do this weekend? Did you get to enjoy the weather in your neck of the woods?  With Monday upon us I hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I know that 20 degree warm weather your talking about. Its like summer from the usual temperatures of 30 below zero. I lived in Sackets Harbor, NY on the St. Lawrence River about 45 minutes south of Canada by I81. I miss it though deeply. We live in Virginia about 3 years now and the weather here has been strange this winter too. Our dog also goes crazy for the warm sunlight peeking in the windows. They are too cute when they just want to sun themselves.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...