Apr 20, 2012

April Design Team Reveals

I can't believe it's April, time just seems to be flying by.  As you may know I had the honour of being part of The Scrapping Bug Design Team since November.  It has been so much fun I've had the opportunity to play with a lot of fun new products and I've been able to stretch myself and grow as a paper crafter which is why I applied in the first place.

This month's reveal is my last reveal with The Scrapping Bug, when I joined the design team I had committed to 6 months and that time has come and gone.  Although it is sad to see this chapter come to an end I am super excited to see what's in store for the future.  I have creative blood flowing through me so I can't keep myself reined in for too long :-) 

This month I was able to play with some soft yet bright colors perfect for spring.  I had a crazy idea to have a large photo printed and use it as the focal point of my layout...the picture is normally the focal point but I really wanted to do something a bit different.  
This is what I came up with.  The picture was printed 10x13 and I trimmed it down to 5x12 to fit on the layout.  I love the energy in this picture, it's really a perfect depiction of the relationship I have with my hubby.  I know I normally have simple and clean lines in my layout but this layout is definitely simplistic in its design but that was what I had intended.  

This next layout is a little more vibrant!  When we were visiting our friends in Fredericton I took this picture of my friend Joy playing in the big puddle in their backyard...ok it use to be an ice rank but it had melted into a big puddle.  She was having so much fun splashing around, it was fun to watch.  I was kinda bummed that I couldn't join her but I didn't bring my boots and didn't want to get my leather shoes all wet. 
Joy had so much fun playing in the water and I had a lot of fun putting this layout together.  I really love the Jillibean Soup paper with the umbrellas, so fun!

Well there you have it friends, my last scrapbook layouts as a Scrapping Bug design team member.  It was such an honor to be a part of this group of ladies.  I am looking forward to see what the next group of designers come up with over the next six months.  

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the picture of you and Ryan..looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you wanted to make that picture the central focus, it's precious! You can see fun and sweetness between the two of you. And your friend, Joy, is adorable splashing in the puddles. These layouts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first page is gorgeous. That's the type of page I'd frame and hang :p

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...