Apr 25, 2012

Bogged Down By Your To Do List?

Have you felt overwhelmed, or maybe even bogged down by the to do list? I have to admit, I have felt overwhelmed from time to time, sometimes it feels that the to do list is just getting longer by the minute and there can't possibly be enough time in the day to get everything done.
Image Credit
I don't know about you, but for me it's a normal occurrence to have a million things racing through mind and that is when I start to get overwhelmed.  The "to do list" keeps playing over and over and over in my head, I can't keep it all straight, and then I start to forget what it is I need to do. That's not good, cue panic!!!
Image Credit
When I start to feel overwhelmed or stressed about all the thing on my to do list I writing things down!  When things are written down they seem to be less intimidating and often helps put things into perspective. Once I can see things in writing I can make a plan by prioritizing what needs to get done.  Once a task is done it feels great crossing something off that to do list.

I notice such a difference when I write things down rather then just do things that pop into my mind.  When I have a list I feel as though I use my time more efficiently, I am more productive because I can focus at that task at hand rather then worry about all the other things I need to get done.


What do you do when you're feeling bogged down by your to do list?
 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when I have tons going on I have to divide it into two lists: To-Do Now and To-Do Later. That way I can get the urgent done and yet have a place for all those other things floating around in my head.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...