Apr 13, 2012

Copic Dreams

I am so excited!  Promise not to laugh when I tell you why I'm so excited?

Ok... I'm so excited because I finally got myself some Copic Markers.
Copic Sketch
I heard rumblings about these fabulous markers for years, at first I thought it was just a fad, or some new product that hit the market that was getting a lot of attention cause they were good, in my mind I thought they could never be that good.  Months went by I was still hearing about how awesome Copic Markers were so I started to do some research.  I learnt about the many different possibilities Copic Markers brought to the table for artists across the board, but I still wasn't sold, I thought I could get the same result with similar less expensive products and went on my merry way.

For some reason I just couldn't get away from this Copic Marker craze, they were every where I turned and people were still ranting and raving about how great Copic Markers were and how no other product could provide the same quality.  Needless to say I still didn't believe it but I was intrigued.  I did more and more research about the different techniques people use to get different results and how versatile Copic Markers could be, I became more and more interested.  I kinda wanted to try them but at the same time I was intimidated by the markers....yes I was intimated by the markers!
Copic Ciao
Recently, I took the plunge and purchased a set of Copic Marker I just got a basic set so I had enough colors to work on a few projects.  I didn't want too many colors cause if I didn't like them I didn't want to be stuck with these crazy markers and have wasted the money.
I sat and stared at my new set of markers for a bit and then I decided I just needed to try them, play around and see what happened, it couldn't be that hard.
Well this is what I came up with on m VERY FIRST try.  I was so impressed with the quality of the markers how easy they were to use and how flawlessly they blend the colors together without causing the paper to do funky things (now that's not always the case, if you use the 'wrong' paper you can get bubbling or pilling).  I had so much fun and I can't wait to play with my new Copic Markers even more and maybe even purchase a few more colors to add to my collection.

Have you ever used Copic Markers, I'd love to hear what you think about them, see some of your projects and maybe if you have a technique or tip you'd like to share I'd love to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! You did a great job on your first project!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...