Apr 12, 2012

My Style...Do I Have One?

Today I'm linking up with Gussy Sews for another Inspirational Workshop.  This weeks prompt is "My Style"  I wasn't all that excited when I saw this topic to be honest, but let me explain before you run away!  Ok so style has been something I have struggled with since um... always!
Office Outfit
I wouldn't say I have a specific style...when I window shop my style swings from conservative business to funky casual.  I would love to be able to pull off all the looks that catch my eye but for some reason when it comes to shopping and purchasing items for my wardrobe I fall into the same pattern of safe, and boring.  I never seem to be able to pull off the styles that jump out at me in the store fronts, magazines or even other's blogs.  I can't exactly explain it, I just don't think the clothes look right on me, I don't feel comfortable, it's just all wrong or at least that's how it feels.
Hair
I like to think I have confidence in who I am and my body but I guess that is part of the problem...I don't have to be that skinny girl even though society tries to force us to believe we should all look like that, which is a whole other topic that deserves it's own post.  I am comfortable with my curves and to be honest I love them!  The problem is I don't know how to dress my curves, I just can't seem to find clothes that flatter my lady lumps.  My husband can tell you how often I get frustrated in the mall after looking for hours and not being able to find anything, if it was in the budget I'd hire a personal stylist but sadly that's not going to happen any time soon, a girl can dream right?
Casual Outfit
So for now I continue to admire different styles to make my own eclectic style and hope that one day I will figure out how to take the styles that catch my eye and modify them to look good on my body type.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! I'm much too scared to walk into a Forever 21 without a friend by my side - I have no confidence in what's trendy and looks good on me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about an eclectic style. I find that when I'm dressing up my clothes are more classic and when I'm dressing down they're more funky. And I agree about curves! By the way, I found you through Gussy Sews.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...