May 28, 2012

Weekend Recap

I had such a great weekend!  What about you?  This weekend was different from most weekend around here... we had our dear friends Brandon and Krystal come and visit.  We had such a blast, spending time with them is always so much fun!
Our dear friends Brandon and Krystal
Brandon and Krystal arrived on Friday evening after work.  When they arrived they got settled and put their little man to sleep, it was past his bed time and he had a pretty long day.  After putting him down to sleep the four of us just spent some time hanging out, chatting and catching up.  The last time we saw Brandon and Krystal was in February, even thought we keep in touch with text and phone calls there is nothing like chatting face to face while lounging around in comfy clothes.

On Saturday we all woke up pretty early, I guess with the little man that's normal but I was also having a garage sale.  Normally, I wouldn't plan a garage sale for a weekend when we are having company but this visit was kinda planned last minute and I had already had ads on the internet for a couple weeks, so we did the garage sale anyway.  Although the weather was good and there was a number of views on the internet ad there wasn't a great turn out, I guess people were too busy enjoying the weather with their families...that's ok I was still able to get rid of some things that had been hanging around.
McLennon Park Playground
After the garage sale we all had some lunch and just relaxed while little man had his afternoon nap.  It worked out perfectly because while little man was napping we kept ourselves busy packing up the items from the garage sale.  When little man woke up from his nap that's when the party started!  We have this amazing park here in town it's called McLennon Park they have a BMX biking park, skateboarding park, leash free dog park, an awesome playground and splash pad and that's only a few of the amenities.  The best part about this park is....it's FREE!!!!!  Anyone in the community can drive into this beautiful park and take advantage of any of the amenities for FREE!
I loved the swing until it startedto hurt my booty!  (I don't remember it being this painful)  
Seeing that we don't have children of our own Ryan and I had never been to this park but had heard nothing but great things about it so we thought we'd check it out.  I think we are going to go back to take advantage of the walking trails if nothing else.
Little man enjoying the swing
I have to say I had a lot of fun on the swing set, I can't remember the last time I was on a swing it was so much fun!  But I have to say, those seats aren't made for comfort it really hurt my butt lol.  Little man seemed to love the swing too he was laughing like crazy and just taking in all the action.

After the park we had some more fun we went to dinner and then played our favorite board game Settlers... so much FUN!  We are all kinda competitive so it makes it interesting.  After a couple games of Settlers we watched a great movie and headed off to bed.  Sunday morning Ryan got up and made us all an awesome breakfast before we got ready to head to church and Brandon and Krystal got on the the road to drive home.

I miss my friends already but it shouldn't be long until we see them again.  We plan to visit them later in June and take in some of the summer activities in Muskoka.

What did you do this weekend?  Did you get to enjoy the weekend with friends or family?  Or maybe you had the opportunity to take advantage of the great weather?  I'd love to hear about your weekend.        

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love when friends come to visit :). I looooove playing Settlers - I haven't in a while and I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...