Aug 8, 2012

My Birthday Celebration

Although my birthday was in June I still wanted to share about my birthday celebration with my hubby. 

We were so fortunate to be able to go to one of my favorite restaurants in town called Del Dente.  Their food is always so delicious and this time was no exception.

Honestly, I’m not a fan of the big birthday celebrations.  I mean it's fine for other people but for me I'd almost rather let my birthday pass by like any other day.  My hubby over the years has helped me realize that even if I don't want a big celebration my birthday is a very special day. I have so much to be thankful for, if nothing else my birthday is another day to give thanks for the many blessings over the year.  I am excited and have high hopes for the year ahead.
Even though I don't like a big to-do my hubby knows how to make me feel special.  He surprised me with these beautiful flowers and a trip to the spa for a pedicure.  I would have been more than happy to have just gone for dinner but these thoughtful gifts meant so much and were truly appreciated. 

How do you celebrate your birthday? Are you about the big party or do you prefer a quiet intimate celebration with loved ones? 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. Beautiful flowers for a beautiful person, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mom, I expect the day to not be that much different than any other. Perhaps a few extra hugs, maybe a hand drawn gift from the kids. Between trying to be frugal and the home taker, the meal is often still made by myself and I am too lazy to make a cake. Which is alright, I think there is beauty in the simplicity of it all.

    Glad that Ryan spoiled you for your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (late) birthday!

    Btw, I nominated you for an award. Details here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both, but as I'm getting older I've started leaning more towards a smaller celebration with the important people. Actually, your birthday sounds like a perfect one to me. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...