Aug 13, 2012

She Reads Truth ~ This Time We're Doing It Together!

SheReadsTruth
A few weeks ago (ok maybe months now) I saw a few tweets pop in my Twitter feed from Gussy Sews, she was tweeting about spending more time reading her Bible.  I saw a few more tweets then I saw this new hashtag #shereadstruth.  I let it go by for a bit without checking it out further but then I went to see what the hype was about...I was amazed by the number of women following along reading the Bible together from all around the world. Shortly after that, I saw that 'She Reads Truth' had it's own tweeter account so I followed along and learnt that there was a blog where people were sharing what they were learning from His word, it was so interesting to me.
[image credit Margaret Barley from the #SRT Istagr.am Feed]


I hadn't jumped on the bandwagon yet but I was following all the awesome things He was doing through this group of women.  I was in the middle of doing my own Bible study so didn't join in until recently... ok 8 days ago.  I saw that She Reads Truth was going to tackle the book of Proverbs.  I was so excited and I knew it was time to join in.  I can't tell you how many people have suggested reading the book of Proverbs in the last year.  Let me tell you, I have tried to read this book of the Bible on my own but never made it much further then the first 12 chapters. I would find myself discouraged, overwhelmed, and frustrated, it just didn't make any sense to me.  I wasn't sure how this time was going to be different but I thought I'd give it a try and boy, am I glad I did! 

Even in the first week of reading the book Proverbs I have been moved, challenged and reassured of God's love for ME regardless of my imperfections.  Look, we are a bunch of women from all around the world equal in his eyes and none of us are 'qualified' but through Him we are drawing closer to Him, to each other, and to his Word that is living in us and through us. 



This community has been such a blessing.  In a world of hurt, anger and hate, His love for us is bringing us closer together, building us up and empowering a generation of women to live by Him.

 

If you aren't already part of the She Reads Truth community, it's not too late!  You won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. :) Proverbs can be a challenge, but it illustrates that if we just ask God, He wants to fill us with His wisdom, love and strength! I've been reading Proverbs this month too. Thought that since there are 31 chapters and 31 days this month, I'd give it a shot. Along with my regular Bible reading.

    Glad to hear you are finding a community of women that you can grow through and be blessed by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been soon she reads truth from the beginning and it's been incredible!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...