Aug 20, 2012

Trying To Find My Groove

I feel like I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately.  I can’t explain what it is, I just can’t seem to get into a good routine.  There have been a number of changes in our home over the last few months, hubbyleft his job as a cook, hubby went back to school, graduated and found a new job.  Although things have been pretty consistent for me these changes have thrown me way out of my groove and I'm having difficulty adjusting.
[image credit Alison Burrow from A New Creation]
I’m so grateful for these opportunities, my hubby is so worth it.  I consider ourselves very blessed, I am so thankful that he was able to leave his job, go back to school and then had such success when he started looking for a job, he was employed even before he graduated.  Although I’m so excited for these opportunities I am still feeling as though there’s been a monkey wrench thrown into the mix. 

I know it sounds silly, these little changes in our schedule have caused such a disruption but the truth is... I feel like I’m going crazy!  I can’t get my mind around it, I feel physically exhausted.  I can’t seem to figure out a schedule which allows me to fit everything in, it's not like I am trying to squeeze in new or extra stuff I am just trying to do what I was doing before.  The number of hours in a day haven't changed, I haven’t taking on many extra responsibilities around the house, hubby continues to help more then I could have ever asked for, but for some strange reason I can't find my groove. 

This adjustment did not come as a big surprise, we realized there were going to be some adjustments but I had no idea, six weeks later I would still be scratching my head trying to figure this out. 

Have you ever gone through a time in your life when you were thrown out of your groove? Where you just can't figure out how to fit everything into your schedule? Was it when you had child, changed jobs, got married?  What did you do to help get back in your groove? 

2 comments:

  1. I feel kind of in a funk myself these days, but its more the opposite. With my loss of a car, I just don't have enough to occupy my days easily and I'm going slightly crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I'm so sorry you feel this way. I'm wondering if I ever had a 'groove'? If I did, I can't remember ;)
    I hope your groove returns soon.
    PS. We're all so proud of your husband too!
    *hugs

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...