Sep 4, 2012

Pre-Conference Meet and Greet!



Today I am joining up for a little meet and greet hosted by the hosts and community leaders from The Influence Conference.  If you haven’t heard about The Influence Conference let me tell you a bit about it, it’s a conference hosted by Casey, Jessi and Hayley.  These lovely ladies have a passion for helping other women and at Influence they are going to dig into the common thread of all of us – the Good News.  We are going to seek answers to that question I always have in the back of my mind "how or why is the Lord going to use me in my home, work, community or online”.  Influence is a place to connect and learn.  At Influence they believe that God has given us influence right where we are, for one purpose: to make much of Him. 

When I first heard about this conference I was so excited, but I had no plans of attending.  I was excited for the hosts and the participants who would be able to attend but I didn’t, for a second, think I would be one of the lucky participants.  As time went by I felt the need to attend this conference I spoke with my Hubby and he said “I was wondering when you were going to talk to me about going… because you need to be there!” His response took me by surprise but it was confirmation that I needed to go. 

I am so excited, the conference can’t come soon enough.  The count down is on and I can’t believe it’s only a few weeks away.  Although I am excited about the conference I was also worried and scared.  I don’t know a soul, I was worried I won’t find roommate but thankfully I did (can’t wait to meet you Amber, Sarah and Mary).  When I saw that there was this meet and greet today I was so super excited to connect before we meet in person.  What a great idea! 

So without further adieu...

3 get-to-know-me things
  • I’m Canadian!!!!  No I don’t live in igloos but I do say ‘Eh!’
  • I love people, I’m outgoing, I love to have fun, trying new things and making new friends.  But deep down I’m really kinda shy.
  • I love spending quality time with friends, old and new.  I love getting to know them, talking about life and building friendships and relationships that will last a lifetime.    
2 things I'm looking forward to about the conference
  • I am so excited to meet other like minded women, women who have a heart for Him.  I am excited to build new friendships and partnerships and meet each and everyone of you.  
  • I am so excited to see how God uses the Influence Conference to shape me and how I can influence others through my blog and beyond.

1 thing I can't leave home without
My iPhone…. when I forget it at home I feel ‘naked’ weird I know!  My iPhone is my life line it keeps me connected to my friends, and my hubby (when we aren’t together).  It also keeps my life nice and organized just how I like it.  

I can’t wait to meet you!  

14 comments:

  1. I'm rooming with a Canadian!!! Can't wait to meet you in real life my friend! It's gonna be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying "hi"! I LOVE your red coat in the picture. So cute! Looking forward to all of the new friends we get to meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet you roomie! We are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to meet you, girl! How sweet that your hubby was so supportive of you coming! I will be following along on your sweet blog, and so looking forward to meeting you in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin thanks so much for stopping by and becoming my newest follower :-). I can't wait to meet you!

      Delete
  5. I feel lost with my iPhone. :) So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to "meet" you, Erin. Love your adorable header! Look forward to seeing you at the conference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. because you're canadian, i have to ask: do you say pencil crayons for colored pencils? i had a friend in high school who moved from canada and that's what she said and now the first phrase that comes to my mind is "pencil crayons." i never EVER think about colored pencils anymore. they're pencil crayons. i was just wondering if this is peculiar to her area of canada or a widespread thing!

    i also love spending quality time with people! my favorite is going to starbucks and just sitting for a few hours and talking. i love getting to know people and hearing their stories and just doing life together.

    i'm excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie thanks for stopping by! Too funny, in these parts we definitely call them pencil crayons :-) but if we were to call them as you do it would be coloUred pencils. (notice how we Canadians spell it differently).

      Starbucks is my favoUrite too (see that silly ‘U’ again) especially when I can snag one of the comfy sitting areas. I hear there’s a Starbucks in the mall connected to the conference centre (oh there’s another Canadian spelling things). Maybe we can grab a coffee together!

      Excited to meet you! Can’t wait!

      Delete
    2. i'm so excited to find out you call them pencil crayons! i actually love canadian spelling, so i don't mind the extra Us & the 're' instead of 'er.' & we should definitely grab coffee together at influence!

      Delete
  8. Love this! Yay for supportive husbands. I have one too. He's practically making me go.

    I am totally a extro/introvert as well. I love people, but always feel really awkward the whole time in new situations.

    Can't wait to meet! Canada! I would love to live there. We actually interviewed for a job there once, but it fell through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha do people really think you live in igloos? Crazy! Excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christina, are you coming to Indy?? I just found out this is here in Indy in October! How did I miss this?? Anyways, I hope you have a great time! So wish I could go now! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. like the blog and the info..thanks for shairng it with us.Gatwick Meet and Greet

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...