Dec 31, 2012

Time for Healing

Hi friends, it's been a while.  Thanks for sticking around through the last few months of silence.  I know I don't need to apologize or explain my absence, but if this blog is going to be the place I hope it to be I thought I'd better share with you some of what has happened over the last few months.

I didn't realize what was happening as I was walking through it but as I look back now I see how God has been working in my life, I see how my time away from writing has been a blessing.  

I was walking through some difficult times and although things seemed to be going well around here, I was being honest with only a few ladies from church.  I felt as though I was in a rut...I was stuck and I realize things needed to change but it wasn’t clear to me what or how. Although I wasn't able to put my finger on what specifically needed to change I knew something was stirring in my heart that needed to be addressed. After a lot of prayer and discussion with this wonderful group of women my dear friend and mentor suggested I take some time away from writing, I was extremely frustrated by the suggestion.  Although my friend’s suggestion was one of love and concern I tried to ignore it and I kept pressing on.  Over time I realized my friend's suggestion to stop writing wasn’t sitting right.  I couldn't shake the feeling, what she said had value and wisdom written all over it.  I struggled with it and thought about why her suggestion to take a break from blogging was so upsetting to me.  I realized that my issue of taking a step back and taking a break from writing was because I was worried about what people would think. I also realized that I was using my blog as a mask, a way to cover up my real issues.  My writing had become fake.  That's when it hit me, I needed to seriously take her recommendation to heart and consider stepping away to address these issues and reevaluate.  Although it was a difficult decision I knew a break from writing here on my blog was what needed to happen.
Looking back on the time I spent away from blogging I realize it has been a time of healing, a time in my life where I have seen God's unfailing grace like never before.  I've had the opportunity to work through some personal issues, things that have been buried and rotting in my heart for years.  There has been healing within our family, which has been a prayer for some time.  Areas of my life that still need a lot of work have been pointed out, but thankfully sanctification is a process and I am not faced with a 'to do list' from God that's a mile long. I am so excited about the change I have seen this far and I am excited to see what's in store for the future.  I put my trust in God and His plan for my life and I pray that my decisions and actions will be honoring and glorifying to Him.  

With that being said although my time away from blogging has been valuable I've had a desire to write again.  So many ideas have been flooding my mind about what I would like this blog to be and I am so excited to see the transformation over the next while.  I am more excited now then ever before to be writing on my blog, doing life together, sharing the good news of the Gospel, being real through the good times and the bad and growing together as individuals and friends.  I hope you will continue to join me as we embark on this journey through life together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...