Jan 2, 2013

Change

Happy New Year! I'm excited for 2013 and all it has in-store. 2012 was an interesting year, a year full of blessings, friendships and happiness but 2012 also brought trials, challenges and hurt.  I am not normally one for 'new years resolutions' but over the last few days as I have been reflecting on this past year and dreaming for the year ahead the word "CHANGE" has been on my heart and mind. 



I sat and thought more and more about what that meant, I realized I have a desire for change in many areas of my life. I think back to years past, years ago when I thought in my head this is the year for change but years later I am still in the same position, doing the same things I wish I had changed.  I hope this year to be different from years past, I hope to actually put my plans...the Lords plans... to action and make those changes rather then sit and dream about them. 

As I prayed about this desire for change I realized that I didn't want to do things 'just because other people were'.  I came across this verse in Romans 12:2 'Do not conform to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.'  I had to read this over and over and over but it has helped me realize that it's not about confirming to the ways of the world and doing things 'just because everyone else is'.  Rather, it's about being changed by God so I can fulfil His plan for my life, His plan for me in 2013.

The other day I shared a post about how I had taken some time away from writing because I needed time to heal, I needed to address some areas in my life that just weren't right.  During that process I realized that my heart was 'broken', my heart had been hardened as a result of me not 'taking care of it' in many ways.  It comes as no surprise to me but I have a desire for God to change my heart and to soften it.  'And I will give you a new heart and a new spirit I will put within you.  And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.' Ezekiel 36:26

These are just a couple areas I hope for change in the new year. I am excited to embrace change, as well as have faith and trust in the Lords plan for my life rather then my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...