Jan 30, 2013

Overcome the Lie - You Are Beautiful (Re-Post)

When Ashley from The Story Project asked me to take part in Overcome The Lie I spent some time brainstorming and praying about what I should write.  I kept thinking about this post I wrote back in November 2011.  It's simple, yet it was so freeing to write.  I hope you are blessed by this post today!



Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and said some thing like "I wish I was skinner", "I wish I looked more like.....",  "I wish I could change my thighs (or any other body part)"?  
I don't think I've met anyone who could answer this question and honestly say they feel 100% comfortable with themselves all the time.  We are all hard on ourselves, we compare ourselves to what media wants us to believe as 'normal'.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't struggle with this every day. 
 I need to continue to remind myself that I'm made in God's image. 

We are all beautiful, we need to remind ourself of this every day.  
We need to remind one another of the beauty we see in each others.   

Don't forget tonight Ashley is hosting an Overcome the Lie twitter party at 8pm EST take by following the hashtag #overcomethelie

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...