Jan 21, 2013

What's the Word?

A few months ago while I was walking through a time of healing I found myself searching for something... searching for healing, for answers, searching for something to fill the void.  I found myself online reading blogs and articles about what it was I was struggling through but found no satisfaction.  I found myself at the Christian bookstore looking for the 'perfect' book, the book that would help me deal with my hurt but again, no success.  One day I was hurting so badly, I was an emotion wreck curled up in a ball on the floor crying, I was able to muster up enough strength to sit on the couch with a roll of toilet paper (we didn't have any kleenex) to wipe away the tears that were flooding down my checks and open my Bible.  It was in that moment I found the answers I was looking for, I found healing and my void was filled!  I realize that I had been looking in all the wrong places.

Don't get me wrong there are blog, books, videos, podcasts and many more valuable resources out there that are glorifying to God and have good teaching but they should NEVER replace His Word.  The Word is where we should be turning first for wisdom, in times of trial, and during times of celebration and rejoice.   

I spent some time reflecting on why I hadn't turned to His Word in the first place, sadly I realized that I hadn't fully grasped the full overwhelming worth and value of the Gospel, the Bible, His Word!  It was during that time of reflection and prayer that I became completely overwhelmed by the truth...His Word is alive, His Word heals,  His Word teaches, His Word is applicable today,  His Word shows love, His Word is gracious..... HIS WORD IS ENOUGH!!!!  
Photo credit
So what's the Word?....The Word is all we need, it's full of truth and gives life, the Word is enough.  I hope and pray that you grasp onto this truth, I'm especially grateful for it today!    

2 comments:

  1. I love this. It's so easy to read all these encouraging books and blogs and totally forget to even go to the Word. I need to constantly remind myself that other's words are just the icing on the cake--the Bible needs to be where I go first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your analogy 'other's words are just the icing on the cake' so true, so powerful, so simple! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...