Feb 11, 2013

Life Givers

At the beginning of January The Influence Network was launched, if you haven't had the opportunity to check it out all I can say is how blessed and grateful I am to be part of this loving, encouraging community of women seeking to make much of Jesus!  As the threads in the forum started to multiply there was one that really stood out to me, it was "Life Stealers + Givers".  I often find myself going from one event to another, there hasn't been much 'white space' on my calendar lately.   I was so encouraged by this thread, it prompted me to sit and think about all the things in my life that are life giving and those that are life stealers, this is something I haven't done in a long time.  

I have to admit I really valued the time I took to then reflect on these two areas of my life, it helped me evaluate a few things.  As I sat thinking and reflecting about the different life stealers and givers I quickly realized there were a number of life givers in my life but when it came to thinking about the life stealers, it was a bit more difficult.  I found it difficult to admit to myself some of the things that were life stealers partly because I wasn't ready to face them and also because some were just hurtful and painful to admit.

Through this process I realized one thing, I had the ability to make a choice... increase the life givers and start weeding out the life stealers.  I realize it's easier said that done specially in some specific areas but if there are life stealers that you can eliminate why keep them around?  I have turned to God in prayer with some of the items on my life stealer list.  There are some that I just can't get rid of so I am praying that God would change my heart in these areas and help me to forgive and have a better attitude when dealing with those areas of my life.

Since setting aside some time to think this through, writing it down and praying about it I have found that the life stealers aren't so bad and I am able to consciously fill my days with more life givers.  Some of my favourite life givers are quality time with my hubby and our fur baby Hiccups.  I also find it so rewarding and rejuvenating to spend time in community with other believes both in person and online.  I also find great joy in being creative, I have dabbled in many different areas of art both visual art and performing art and as I mature I find that I am more comfortable and fulfilled when creating visual art.  Those are just a few of my life givers, I'd love for you to share some of your life givers or stealers with me here in the comments. I'd also love to hear how you try and reduce the impact of life stealers in your life.  As I said, sometimes we can't eliminated them totally so lets encourage each other in different ways to reduce how much life they really do steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...