Mar 6, 2013

A Meet-up of Influential Women

I am so excited to be here today taking part in the Influential Women's Link-Up through the Influence Network.  I was so fortunate to have attended the conference last year and I am super excited to connect with so many wonderful women who are part of the network and Lord willing meet many of you in September!  Well, let's get to the point of todays link-up shall we?
Hi friends, I'm Christina.  I've been married to my amazing husband Ryan for 6 years.  I thank God for Ryan every day, he helps 'balance' me in many areas.  Although we have been married for 6 years we do not have any children but we do have the cutest puppy, Hiccups.  Ok so Hiccups is almost three now but she is only 6 lb. so we still call her our puppy. The three of us live in Kitchener Ontario which is about an hour west of Toronto in Canada.  

I have always loved to help people, since I was a young girl I remember helping my mom deliver meals to individuals in the community who lived independently but for whatever reason were unable to prepare their own meals through a program called meals on wheels.  Through school I would always befriend the 'under-dog' and help friends through trials they were facing.  Now I work as a Social Worker in my community helping and support children and families. Please know this comes from the bottom of my heart not to boast, but to share my God-given heart for the weak.  


This little corner of the Internet is a safe place for me to step out in faith and share my amazing journey living in God's grace.  I started this blog a few years ago with the intention of it being a place to share creative projects but over the years my direction has shifted from sharing creative projects to sharing the most amazing creator.

I'm so fortunate to be a part of the Influence Network, it has been such a blessing in so many ways, but if I have to narrow it down to the most valuable thing I have gained from being part of the network, without a doubt I'd say the relationships/friendships.  I can't say I've been part of a community of women quite like this before, so much encouragement, vulnerability and wisdom to be shared.  It's amazing how we can connect with women who live miles away who all have influence where they are to share the Good News!

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to learn a little bit about me.  I'd love if you left a comment so I can drop by to meet you!

14 comments:

  1. ah, i love that you did that since you were little and now it pours out into your adult hood. helping others is the best, that's what we were called for, to be His hands and feet. that's great you have allowed yourself to be used for His work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Christina! Love that you are Canadian! And I love your passion. PS, are you driving to the conference this year? Let's go together! Haha. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to connecting with you in September! Is that a really long drive for you?

    Glad to have met you through the Network!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina, you probably already know this, but I think the world of you girl. I'm so proud of how you're pursuing God and your dreams and using the gifts he's given you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic name for a puppy! Love it! Your blog is so lovely Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiccups! I love it! So so much! The best dog name ever. I was at the conference too and wish so much I had met more people instead of letting myself be intimidated. I'm committed to not making the same mistake this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you shared about your gift. It is such a beautiful and important gift! You're living out Micah 6:8!
    He has told you, O man, what is good;
    and what does the LORD require of you
    but to do justice, and to love kindness,
    and to walk humbly with your God?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the fact that you have always had a heart for those who need help shows just how passionately you chase after Christ's heart. Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that you are doing social work! it is SO needed. and really blesses lives!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same passion, Christina! Helping people brings me so much joy. Before kids, I was a behavior therapist for children with autism, and I loved every second of it. My mother is a Marriage and Family Counselor, so I'm sure I learned to love people by watching her. Hope to see you again at the conference this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have fur babies too. :) And Hiccups is a great name for a dog!! Nice to meet you, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just heard about the influence network yesterday and need to check it out!

    p.s. i nominated you for the liebster award!
    http://megmcilvaine.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to deliver meals on wheels with my grandfather! Good memories! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love getting to know everyone through these linkups! Not to sound creepy, but I took one look at your photo and immediately thought "I like her already". Your warmth and love for others is hard to miss - even from a photo. I'm a dog lover as well. Our "puppy" is 9. :) Hope to meet you in Sept!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...