Mar 8, 2013

Dead to Myself!

I have some exciting news friends, I am taking a step of obedience in my relationship with God this weekend, I am being baptized!

I've been told, I'm like many others who have lived in disobedience.  I put my faith in Christ years ago but always had an excuse as to why I wasn't going to be baptized.  I struggled with the idea of baptism for many years, I didn't understand why I needed to be baptized AGAIN.  I mean, I was baptized as a baby in the Catholic church and I had my Confirmation when I was 12 year old.  Even though I didn't make a conscious decision to have a relationship with Lord when I went through the steps of those sacraments I questioned if there was an need to be baptized again.  

Image Credit
Recently, baptism has been on my heart a lot.  I prayed about it and looked to God's word and realized that I was living in disobedience, baptism was commanded and I was questioning whether it was applicable to me.  Of course it's applicable for me, it's commanded!  In Acts 2:38 Peter said to the Israelites "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sin, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirt." 

On Sunday I will be taking an exciting step in my relationship with the Lord through baptism.  For me baptism is a proclamation of death, a death of self.  I will no longer live for me but I am alive in Him which is all possible because of Christ's death on the cross. Galatians 2:20 says " I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live is the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave himself for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...