Mar 25, 2013

Governed by Fear?

Isn't it fun and exciting to try something new?  I sure think so but something I encounter almost every time I want to try something new is fear. I find myself struggling from time to time to overcome those fears and step out in faith to try something new, something which, by no accident, has been placed on my heart by God.

I am so grateful that God created me with a passion and strong desire to create. I love creating and I see my time spent creating as a way of worshipping Him.  Knowing that God has specifically given me the gift of a creative eye, I often find myself trying my hand at different art forms from performing arts to fine arts.  Although I love all the different forms of art I've tried, I don't feel as though I've found my 'niche', so I continue to search.  It's often when I have an interest to try something new when my fears find a way to creep into my mind and sadly take over, smothering the passion and interest to try something new.  Sometimes, the fear is so overwhelming and debilitating that I begin to question my talent leaving me to think I can't do it or that I won't be successful even before I try.

When I've spent time thinking about this concept as it relates to my art and creativity I didn't really think it was a big deal.  However, more recently I have realized that allowing this fear to have power over that part of my life I'm allowing this virus, fear, the opportunity to infect other areas of my life.  I don't want to live in fear, I don't want fear to consume my life.  If I allow this to happen, if I allow fear to take over, what does that mean?  How does that impact my relationship with Him?  If I allow myself to be governed by fear I'm in-turn putting a damper on God's will and plan for my life.  Living in fear may also indicate a lack of trust, which raises the question whom do we trust and if we are living in fear are we suggesting that his Word is not truth and therefore He is not worthy of our trust...Ouch!
Let's be real, we are human and we have been born into sin, BUT...and that's a big BUT... if we put our faith in Jesus and trust in his plan we can combat those thoughts of fear with truth.  Look, the enemy wants us to stumble he wants us to fall into a pattern of fear and we will all have days that are more difficult then others but we need to hold on to His promise and refute the efforts put forth by our enemy.  The first step to doing that is acknowledging it's an issue, once you've done that turn to Him and seek strength to overcome.

Does fear have a stronghold in an area of your life?  Maybe it's not fear but something else that is keeping you from fully living in God's will and plan for your life.  Let's spend some time today seeking strength in Him to overcome these things so we can continue to live a life glorifying to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...