Apr 17, 2013

What is God's Will For Your Life?

Have you ever wondered what God's will is for your life?  I know I've spent countless hours wondering and praying for God's will in my life especially when it comes to making big life decisions.  Where should I go to university? What should I study? Where should I live? Is he the right person to marry?  Should I take this job?  When should we start a family?...God is it your will?

I bet we could all come up with a list as long as our arm when we have turned to our Heavenly Father seeking His will.  Up until recently discerning God's will for my life was a big mystery, I would pray and then make a decision and keep my fingers crossed that it was His will rather then my own earthly desire.  Let me tell you I got it wrong a few time and I never really fully understood that.  I never understood how I would truly know God's will because I didn't understand how He would communicate with me.  I realize now God communicates with us in many different ways and different people experience Him communicating differently but one stedfast way He communicates with all of us is through His Word.

A few weeks ago I found myself sitting in church ready to listen to the Pastor preached an expositional sermon from 1 Thessalonians, a book the church has been working through since late last year.  As I sat there worshipping, I was privately struggling with discerning God's will for my life, if I'm going to being honest here I have always struggled with being a people pleaser, and pleasing God by living in His will was no exception.  But that day I was set free from that and it was made clear God's will for my life.  1 Thessalonians 4:3 says 'For this is the will of God, your sanctification'
Image found on Pinterest- Original Source Unknown 
That's pretty clear.... God's will for my life is sanctification.  God still cares about the little things in our life and the decisions and choices we make but the scriptures are not explicit about most area, but He is explicit that His will for us is sanctification.  This truth was so freeing for me, although God cares about the little or big things in my life he is more focused on my sanctification, am I growing in Him and being separated from sin...that's what He cares about!  Are you living in God's will?


2 comments:

  1. Isn't so wonderful when God just answers you like that? I *love* that scripture (and your graphic is awesome). I think you are so right, if we just follow after sanctification, everything else He wants us to do will become clear.

    Great word, Christina.

    Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to me... I also think often about the big picture but God is more concerned about our day to day life. How do we life that out. I am glad God showed you such an important lesson. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...