May 20, 2013

I'm a Dreamer


Are you a dreamer?  I sure am, I often get lost in my dreams and ambitions.  My mind wonders thinking about the infinite possibilities that life holds ahead.  My mind races and my excitement increases when my dreams begin to become clear.  At any given time I have a number of different dreams racing around my mind and often times those dreams are made into plans and goals.  But, in all honesty, as much a I love being a dreamer sometimes it can become overwhelming.  As much as I love to dream I'm not only a dreamer, I'm an achiever.  I'm always reaching for the stars trying to make my dreams a reality. 

I'm so grateful for the imagination and creativity I've been blessed to have, but when my mind beings to dream and I begin to see the dream with clarity I often become overwhelmed.  The biggest obstacle that stops me from seeing my dreams become a reality and being an 'achiever' is fear.  I am not fearful of the hard work it will take to achieve my dreams, that's not it.  I am afraid of failure, I agonize over taking risks that will impact others in my life (like my hubby and maybe one day our children).  Although I'm very meticulous and organized it would be foolish of me to think that I won't be faced with obstacles when stepping out in faith and striving to achieve my dreams.  This fear is something that has crept into my life more recently.  When I was younger I was never afraid to chase my dreams and did so freely but, as I've grown older and found myself 'comfortable' in the life I have.  I've also seen how fear has taken a grip on my heart and it has hindered me from striving for my dreams.  
Image by Jenn Sprinkle from Jenn Sprinkle Paper Shop
I am sharing this part of my heart with you today because I don't want to be bound by my fear anymore, I want to be free of this fear that has held me back for so long.  I want to take that leap of faith and chase my dreams.  Over the next few weeks and months I hope to share more about the dreams that have been occupying a lot of my thoughts as I work to let my faith be bigger than my fear in hopes of making my dreams a reality.  Today, I'm making a commitment, I'm a dreamer and an achiever and I won't let fear hold me back!         

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for you especially through these next couple months then. Whatever your dreams are, God has placed them in your heart for a purpose. As long as you are following His plan, you will succeed. I love you.
    **But, I really really really hope these dreams don't take you further away.

    ReplyDelete

As a drama-free-zone, Create with Christina will remove any comments that are deemed snarky, malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate. Let's keep it classy and make mom proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...